Samaritans.....

Yes ... there are some good samaritans around!!!
Was driving back home on Sat night @12.00. The traffic lights dont work at this time, most people drive with the least regard for any rules. Empty roads, absolutely no traffic who would miss a chance. Anyway was driving home and taking the right near Stanza @Himayatnagar. Saw a truck and ignored that he was speeding and honking too. Thought since thats a bigger vehicle he d slow down and I wouldnt have to slow down. Donno who in their right minds would think of bigger vehicles giving way for smaller ones. My Maruti800 is such a teeny weeny vehicle compared to the hugs truck. And all I had to do after going home was sleep. God knows why I was in such a hurry!!!!! and NO I was NOT drunk.

The truckwalla didnt slow down and I had a narrow escape. Hit the brakes on time and just missed ending up under the trucks tyres. There were a couple of guys around and they did help me in getting the car to a corner and talking the driver into giving some amount as compensation just so that it wouldnt become a police case. And yes they fixed my car too!!! Guess a first Aid. Luckily nothing drastic to both me nor the vehicle. I could nt believe people actually help and care!!! Unfortunately, me still dazed I didnt ask them their names so that I could thank them. Good Samaritans do exist!!! My faith in mankind rekindled.
Called a fren of mine. Funny part was I was joking with a fren that I was in an accident and in a hospital a couple hours before this happened. Well, Is that funny?? not to my freind though. My first reaction to my fren .. I couldnt stop laughing!! Is this whats called shock?

Anyways....am still around kicking and healthy and my car in ship shape with all the denting work done. Looks even better than before the accident.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man! you are quite a trooper to be driving around @ 12am. I think in India giving way does not depend on the size of the vehicle, but the size of the ego of the guy who is behind the steering. You can't assume that people would yield to small maruti800. Anyhow, I hope it was not serious. Yes, Indian people are very nice to come around and help when something goes wrong. Even though it might make you wonder why there are so many people in that place at that time? Well, it's India it's always populated!

Anonymous said...

It Ain't funny...driving against the odds of the other driver is always risky, drive safe :)